What videos should I make?

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bart Yasso: My Life on the Run


For the past week or so I have been enthralled by a book that was given to me for Christmas. When I first received it I put it on the shelf telling myself that I would pick it up when I had time. Luckily for me I found the time not long after that. It didn't take me too long to realize who the author was, had it occurred to me off the bat I would have read the book without unwrapping the rest of my presents, Bart Yasso is one of the most influential people in the world of running today and his book is a page turner from start to finish. Bart is one of the head honchos at Runners World magazine and has run in more distance races than even he can probably count. I loved this book because like all good reads it takes you on another adventure with the change of every chapter. From insane acts of endurance like the Badwater 146 (Death Valley in July, 146 miles) to experiences most of us wouldn't dare take part in (but most find humor in) like the Bare Buns Fun Run. (think about it) Bart has done it all and he takes you for a ride with his book. His story is one of inspiration and entertainment. At the end of the book he lays out two types of training plans for 5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon races for beginner, seasoned, and "hard core" athletes. He concludes with a section devoted to must do races.

I am very pleased with this book and the only thing it lacks is a sequel! My copy is signed but the book is just as good with out the autograph. If you ever run across it this is a good read for runners and non runners alike it's just that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment